New copperhead 7

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rp69

Original poster
Jun 15, 2018
Alberta
Hello everyone i am trying to get info on the copperhead smoker i own . I am not sure if it is operating right. My last attempt at running it again after preheat in smoke mode . The smoke comes bluming out of chimney and smells like a camp fire and lots of it. I took off my burning pot cover and noticed the pellets gust trickling in . To me looks very slow . It 50 degrees out side ran for 40 mins the digital display said temp of 90. When i turn up temp on smoker to 250 and look in fire bowl no smoke gust pellets burning so fast i have no smoke . I did have auger jam problems at first . It took some fooling around to get auger working. Emptied hopper and played with prime button it would then turn and eventually saw pellets feeding into fire bowl . My thoughts are the feed from auger is to slow . Massive stinky smoke when i n smok mode . When i turn up to smoking temps i have no smoke coming from fire bowl . It gust incinerates the pellts burning them fast. When i do turn up the temp it does get up to the heat it is set at . Help please
Robert

Does it have a P setting? that is what controls the feed when in smoke mode and the temp will be different with each setting,yes the smoke has a smell depending on the wood,its good to hear the temp goes to set point.The auger feed is very slow and the higher the temps the less smoke you will see,wanted 1 of those but unable to find 1 when I got ready to buy.

Reactions: Rp69
Also it sounds like its running properly,smoke mode is low temp mode ,I run mine for 2 hrs in smoke mode then move temps up to finish the cook

Reactions: Rp69
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky