New camp chef - newbie question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alldaytuesdays

Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
Hello all, just jumping into pellet smoking with a new Camp Chef. Probably a dumb question but would anyone know or have a guess at what this metal “tab” is. Was already attached when I put my smoker together. It keeps the lid from closing completely (very small gap). Anyone have a camp chef or have an idea on this?
55EF2811-D7A0-44CD-9605-702679B7183B.jpeg

... that appears to be flap that would cover the probe hole when not in use...
Haha! Yup. I agree with Uda.

It is an aluminum cover for the probe hole. It was caught in the up position and smashed over by the lid.

Take it off if you have the correct tools and hammer it flat. Or try to pry it back while in place.

Or don't worry about it.

If you can't get it straightened out easily, contact CC and they'll send you a new one.

Hello all, just jumping into pellet smoking with a new Camp Chef. Probably a dumb question but would anyone know or have a guess at what this metal “tab” is. Was already attached when I put my smoker together. It keeps the lid from closing completely (very small gap). Anyone have a camp chef or have an idea on this?
View attachment 426842
As already stated, it is a cover for the probe hole. Straighten it out and let it fall and do it's thing - cover the probe hole. :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky