New Build -Trailer mounted reverse flow smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just finished reading the entire thread. Wow, That project of yours is awesome. I would if you ever calculated how many man hours it took from start to finish.

That sure is a thing of beauty
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Awesome job, I absolutely loved that pic of the freshly painted red against the blue sky.

This has to be the most entertaining thing I have read in years! I always thought the guy with the most toys when he died was the winner, my friend this takes the cake. Awesome job!!
points.gif

this will prove out well when the snow flies i had christene runnen bout 325°in a windy snow. just getten from point A to point B with the food is the only suckey part.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I've gathered materials for a 24" 150 gal reverse flow build, simular the the meadow creek ts120p. I had wondered if the firebox on a reverse flow design would carry enough heat to provide the "warming box" the thermal energy to cook at simular rate as the main chamber. BBQ Engineer, is this what your design does? And do you have a damper to allow main chamber cooking only? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but just watching you project I think you may have done the calculations.

Thanks DWD.

That is incredible... working through this thread was a treat. Your hard work and attention to detail really shows. Very well done!

All I can say is sweeeeeet! My pit is still underconstruction and my only regret is that I didn't at least insulate my firebox but it is 3/8" so it will heat up that thing good but it won't be as efficient as yours. Good work!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I know this is an old post, but man, you just opened up my mind to what is possible in building a smoker!  Great Job!

How about posting up some more Q-View?

I like your build. Is this your first insulated ?  We built our first RF but was not insulated. We are thinking of another one but insulated this time.  Any more Info or pictures would be great. Here is what we built.
48126486_IMG_1098.jpg

BBQ Engineer... where did you go? It looks like you haven't posted anything in over two years. Man.. I think I speak for many here when I say this smoker you built has made you a legend here. Come back. Us noobs need your wisdom. Or, is that why you left? To many people bugging you? With the mad skills that you have, I can see that happening. At least come back long enough to give us an update on this crazy awesome smoker. I have two questions specifically. One, early in the thread you mentioned a baffle that would shut off the main chamber and allow you to use only the vertical chamber. How's that working. Could you show us pics of that system. Two, it's hard to imagine what it would be but is there anything you would change about this project?

I sure hope you see this and respond.

Thanks,

Smoke_Chef

Two more years have passed since hearing from BBQEngineer.  Fantastic build and a loss to this forum.  I hope all is well. 

BTW:  Hello everyone from Mathews County, VA where I'm about to start a RF smoker project, my first.

Jerry 
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm about to start my build and was wondering what thickness metal to use on the FB. Any suggestions? This will be a 22" cube FB to feed apx 120g CC with a 30g warmer/vertical smoker mounted over the FB.

I like 1/4"    That is what we always use

Gary

yeahthat.gif
   1/4" is thin enough you can bend it into submission if needed but thick enough to hold up for a long time. Fireboxes get heavy really fast, you will find that out soon enough!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky