New and eagerly learning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweet.heat.angel

Original poster
Jan 12, 2023
I'm Angel!
Living in NM.
I guess over the past year I've reached a point where I'm like..."now what?", in life. I'm a stay at home wife and mom. Last year I had experience with my first real jobs really. Diddnt end up working out. Kitchen work in a high volume fast paced environment with 12 hour shifts while giving up my days off got to me after 6 months. I've always loved learning to cook but these past few months is when real passion for it and desire to learn more complicated dishes began (i literally read recipes to fall asleep😅)but one of my absolute favorite things is the idea of perfecting meat! I particularly LOVE smoked meat and cooking/baking with alcohol. Not only do I find great joy in cooking, I want this to be my little hustle to bring In money for me and my family at some point and then grow from there depending how it goes. Finding a way to do something I love and am passionate about while earning income has always been the dream! Would love to end up catering. I'm here to learn as much as possible and if you allow, hopefully pick your brains about all things smoking, woods,meats, temperature control, sauces and seasonings! <3

Nice to have you here, Angel.
I'm here to learn as much as possible and if you allow, hopefully pick your brains about all things smoking, woods,meats, temperature control, sauces and seasonings!
One of the many great things about this forum is the willingness to share knowledge by the members here. So ask away...

Welcome from Nova Scotia , Angel

This is a great place for all the things you listed and many
great folks that will jump in and help with any questions you asked.

I also love to just sit back with a tea...or what ever and read cook books to see how I can combine different foods

LOVE smoked meat and cooking/baking with alcohol.
You might notice that sometimes alcohol is mentioned here on this site, just saying

David

Last edited:
Welcome from Indiana, Angel!

You have definitely come to the right place. Loads of information and great people willing to help those asking questions.

Reactions: sweet.heat.angel
madhouse.jpg

Reactions: sweet.heat.angel
Welcome from SE Arizona.

There are a lot of very kind and knowledgeable folks here at SMF who are always willing to share their expertise.

Welcome from Mississippi.

I absolutely love NM. Did a couple of Gigs in Roswell as a travel nurse. Fell in love with Hatch Green Chiles while I was there. Was totally heart broken when I got back to Mississippi and couldnt get them on McD's cheeseburgers.

Lots of great folks on here with a wealth of information and even more ways to help you spend your money....LOL.

Jim

I'm Angel!
Living in NM.
I guess over the past year I've reached a point where I'm like..."now what?", in life. I'm a stay at home wife and mom. Last year I had experience with my first real jobs really. Diddnt end up working out. Kitchen work in a high volume fast paced environment with 12 hour shifts while giving up my days off got to me after 6 months. I've always loved learning to cook but these past few months is when real passion for it and desire to learn more complicated dishes began (i literally read recipes to fall asleep😅)but one of my absolute favorite things is the idea of perfecting meat! I particularly LOVE smoked meat and cooking/baking with alcohol. Not only do I find great joy in cooking, I want this to be my little hustle to bring In money for me and my family at some point and then grow from there depending how it goes. Finding a way to do something I love and am passionate about while earning income has always been the dream! Would love to end up catering. I'm here to learn as much as possible and if you allow, hopefully pick your brains about all things smoking, woods,meats, temperature control, sauces and seasonings! <3
Welcome! You foindcthe right place to pick browns on smoking , curing and darn near any cooking style.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky