New AMNTS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roddy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
Hamilton (Mercer) NJ.
Just used my new AMNST in my MPS 2 door. Worked great. I removed my water pan and chip tray. I used a rack on the lowest setting for the tube and offset the tube to one side. It lit as promised and burned for a solid 3 1/2 hrs. It would have went 4 but I forgot and had the top vent wide open too long instead of adjusting it. I smoked a really nice almost 2lb salmon fillet that came out great. I know because I'm cheating and picking on it. Man it was nice not to keep popping out every 30 or 40 mins to reload chips. Great product that I would have never known about had it not been for this forum.

Congrats on the new AMNTS 

Don't forget the qview of that salmon 

Last edited:
Yes, pics of the salmon would be good

Also, post a pic or 2 of your Tube Smoker inside your MPS 2 Door

THX!

Todd

Another testament to the Tube working in a gasser, Thanks for sharing!!! I love hearing these things are working with propane!

Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

Guys my computer stopped uploading pics from my camera so no pics. If I only knew why. All I did was place one of the racks as low as it could go just above where the water tray would go. Then placed the tube on the rack to the side but not touching the side of the unit.

After I did the salmon I sent the wife out for 3 packs of sweet Italian sausage. Loaded up the tube with a  50/50 mix of cherry and alder. The tube did a full 4 hrs. of smoke this time and to my surprise the sauseage came out tasting very much like pepperoni. We were all surprised and liked it. Two smokes with the tube and both times every single pellet burnt.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky