Neighbor wants me to smoke her goose. I need help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfish98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Bismarck, ND
OK, I know that sounded bad, but my neighbor asked me if I could smoke a goose for her.  She bought one from a store so I am assuming it was farm raised.  I told her that I could, but then she told me all she wanted was for me to smoke it for the smoke flavor and she would cook it the rest of the way.  I have never had that request before so I am unsure how to go about that.  Do I need to get it to a certain temp?  Or, do i just smoke it for 3 hours and then give it to her to cook?  Any help would be appreciated.  If you need more information let me know.  THanks!

Bigfish

You would have to keep the temp under 40 degrees while it's in the smoker . If you cure it first then you could get away with it but I don't think that's what she looking for. I would not do it.

Dito on what he said. Too much to go wrong. 2 cooks one goose . Cook it all the way or don't cook it. She could mishandle the meat after you cold smoke it and blame you for it. You have to live their . In other words cover your a$$ and just say no.(nancy regan)

HOWS SHE LOOKIN -  LOL

JUST KIDDING

HEY IV'E NOT DONE A GOOSE YET

HOWEVER I DID PAR SMOKE A TURKEY FOR 2 HRS AT 220 ON MY LANG DOUBLE BARREL USING OAK,PECAN.AND ORANGE CITRUS THEN TRANSFERED IT TO THE OVEN

IT CAME OUT GREAT

I DONT SEE WHY YOU CANT PAR SMOKE THE GOOSE IF SHES WILLING TO FINISH IT  THE SAME DAY ???????

BUT IM NO EXPERT

IS THERE SOME RISK HERE IM UNAWARE OF ????????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky