Needing A Little Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've started using 93 percent lean beef and mixing with eiter Prague powder or a local commercial seasoning with cure. Add a few other seasonings depending on the type of jerky I feel like making. In the winter I make the jerky in the dehydrator, in the summer it goes in the smoker. Both are done at 140 degree's. I use a jerky gun and shoot it out onto the grids. Good stuff!

If the outdoor temperature isn't to bad I do, but if it is 17 below zero, I'm staying indoors as much as I can. I do construction work, so I'm out in the cold about 10 hours a day. When the weather is good, the neighbors think my garage is perpetually on fire! But, they don't mind the wonderfull smell or the goodies they get to share if they come over!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky