needed to make room in freezer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man Jim that all looks AWESOME! Id love to bite into some of that.
thanks for the kind words, stop by Saturday i'll be watching the games and eating some of this stuff with some smoked cheese. thanks for the like!!

Reactions: jcam222
Have an old one myself. Though don't use any more. So dam heavy to move. They did make them to last. Mine came from a meat market that was closing. They had used it for 15 plus years.

yeah they do way a ton, they are built like a locomotive.but for now I can still lift it myself,

Nice looking on my screen.
Wife has been asking for venison sausage

Love the grinder, too.
I have my grand mother's and mother's grinders. Unfortunately, they are Armstrong models.

thanks, yeah it's an old Hobart, not sure how old it is but I bought it off a older friend of mine a couple years back and to quote him he told me he bought it from an old store 30 years ago for 60 bucks and that this grinder doesn't owe him nothing and to just give him back his 60 bucks. I couldn't believe he gave it to me for that.
Wow that is awesome. I still remember seeing those in OLD mom and pop stores when I was a kid. You should go online and try to find the date of manufacture. A true classic!

Everything looks great. As soon as I seen the grinder I knew it was a Hobart. I have one that looks just like that. Great grinder.
thank you sir, yeah these grinders are great, lot's of power, hope it last me another 30 years (if I live that long)

Wow that is awesome. I still remember seeing those in OLD mom and pop stores when I was a kid. You should go online and try to find the date of manufacture. A true classic!
i'll have to see if I can read the numbers on it and check into it.

Nice looking on my screen.
Wife has been asking for venison sausage

Love the grinder, too.
I have my grand mother's and mother's grinders. Unfortunately, they are Armstrong models.
thank you sir, neat you still have your grandma's and mom's grinders. them older ones were built to last no matter what brand! you better get it running though and keep the wife happy. thanks for the like Jim

Wow! While your grinder kind of steals the limelight the kielbasa and bologna look to be spot on. Do you cut your sausage with porkbutt or go with straight backfat? Like, RAY

Wow! While your grinder kind of steals the limelight the kielbasa and bologna look to be spot on. Do you cut your sausage with porkbutt or go with straight backfat? Like, RAY
thanks Ray, yeah it's an old but great grinder, it grinds anything I put through it without bogging at all, I use straight fat usually 2lb fat 8lb meat and thanks for the like!

Lookin good smokerjim, glad you gave the bologna a try. And I had forgotten you had that old grinder, good to see it posted again...they just don't make 'em like that any more....

Oh Boy, That looks Awesome!!
That's a Heck of a Job you did, Jim!!
MMMMMmighty Tasty Looking!!
Like.

Bear

Lookin good smokerjim, glad you gave the bologna a try. And I had forgotten you had that old grinder, good to see it posted again...they just don't make 'em like that any more....
thank you indaswamp, yeah i'm glad I tried gave the bologna a try will be doing it again, maybe trying a recipe from someone on smf, so if you know of any good ones let me know, yeah the old girl still grinds like a bear, as long as I can move it around it will have a home.

Oh Boy, That looks Awesome!!
That's a Heck of a Job you did, Jim!!
MMMMMmighty Tasty Looking!!
Like.

Bear
Bear thanks for the kind words, yeah it did come out good, the wife actually liked the bologna better then the kielbasi. thanks for the like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky