Need Some Input…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gabzola

Original poster
Mar 16, 2023
Wesley Chapel, FL
For my school we are having a 4-5ish hour tailgate for seniors and I’m bringing my Weber kettle and a flattop to do smash burgers on. Now what I need help with is what cut of meat would be a good smoke that could be done in 4-5ish hours? Preferably on the cheaper side.

Reactions: JLeonard
Chicken legs! RAY

DSCN3817.JPG

Those legs by Ray are killer!!! And there are a couple of threads on here for the cut and cooked ribs. Done in less than 1.5 hours. Whole wings done with a vortex take about an hour.
Guess the question is....How many folks you looking to cook for?

Jim

If you have 4-5 hours to cook.....With the Weber and a vortex you can whip up a bunch of wings and legs. Use a large aluminum pan to hold them when you take them off the grill and keep in a cooler covered by towels. They will stay safe to eat for hours that way. Others may have some input.

Jim

Yea I would do vortex legs, wings,and single rib cut ribs once done foil and in the cooler and when you start to serve them you can have the vortex fired up and just hit them for a min or two then on the plate….if you have a warm bowl of bbq sauce you can dip first then glaze as well….

I get bird legs at Sam's Club for 98¢ a pound, wings cost three times that and have half the meat. 30 minutes on the Vortex with a chunk of wood, take them off to toss in a big bowl with SBR or teriyaki to flavor, back on for five minutes, done. Juicy with crispy skin, thighs ten minutes longer. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky