Need recipe for tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Trevor,
I found this in a book I have.
1 cup beef broth, 2 tblsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tblsp canola oil, 2 tblsp minced basil leaves, 1 tblsp dijon mustard, 2 cloves pressed garlic, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper. Mix it together in a bowl. Put the tri - tip in a baking dish or plastic bag with marinade overnight or at least 4 hrs. Then remove tri-tip and pat dry, then rub in 1 tablespoon of lemon zest (grated lemon peel) on both sides. Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper together and sprinkle over tri-tip.
Hope this helps. If you try it let me know how it turns out.
Brooks

Tervor-Are you looking for a Tri-tip Roast or Tri-tip Steak Recipe. The Tri-tip is one of the muscle groups that makes up the bottom sirloin. These are best when cooked to internal temp of 145 degrees when the thermometer is placed into the CENTER of the roast. The outer edges will be a nice medium well. There is not a lot of fat on the tri tip so you don't want to over cook them.

I'll see what I can find for you and post it.

Tervor-Here you go-Enjoy!!

SMOKED TRI - TIP

5 lb. of beef tri-tip
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. seasoning salt
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. celery salt
Meat tenderizer
Salt and pepper to taste
Put all ingredients on both sides of meat and let set all night, lean side down in tight container and refrigerator. Smoke with “fat†side up at 230 degrees for 3-4 hours, or until internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
Turn meat lean side up and cover with your favorite ‘Que sauce; Smoke/cook another 30 minutes. Remove from Smoker and let stand 30-45 minutes.

Thanks Earl. Tri tips are very hard to get in N.E.Oklahoma. Central Meat Market here in Muskogee only gets them from time to time and they are 2 to 2-1/2 lbs. and the run around $3.49 a lb. Can't wait to get some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky