need ideas on venison hind quarter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cripplecreek

Fire Starter
Original poster
Need help with a couple of deer hind quarters. Wasn't sure what forum to post this on but having just done a brisket, i'm hoping this smoke would be similar.  Any suggestions with regard to brining vs injecting (and with what), should meat be left on bone, should I foil, smoke to what temp for medium...I am completely open.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

I just put two hind quarters in the freezer last night.  Last year I did one and I brined it for a few days then wrapped in bacon.  It tasted great.  I just took it to about 170.  I plan on brining again but will probably smoke it like a you mentioned, just give it a good rub and let it rock.  May foil it to see what happens.  With deer, you won't get the meat falling apart like beef or pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky