Need help with brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinHot77

Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I put brisket on smoker at 8pm last night at 200. It's 2:00 and internal has stalled at 175. Can I wrap now to bring to 295 or what should I do?

Yes you can. Matter of fact, it's taken all the smoke it's going to take so it can be put in a pan, covered, and finished in a 300 degree oven with absolutely no difference in flavor...just the amount of time to get it done.

Robert
Thank you!! It looks fabulous, I usually smoke at 225 but hubby changed it so I appreciate your help! 😘

I put brisket on smoker at 8pm last night at 200. It's 2:00 and internal has stalled at 175. Can I wrap now to bring to 295 or what should I do?
Meat internal temp trails the pit temp by about 20 degrees, so cooking at 200F pit temp you are right at the highest meat IT you can get at 175. Turn up the pit temp or foil and go into the oven.

Thank you!! It looks fabulous, I usually smoke at 225 but hubby changed it so I appreciate your help!
You are more than welcome.That's part of what we are here for. As an aside, your dilemma is the exact reason so many people (myself included) have gone to hot and fast for brisket. Running the smoker 275 to 300. No difference in the finished product, it just takes a lot less time to cook.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky