Need help with bacon jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jusmejim

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 26, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on making "bacon jerky". We recently had a pig butchered and we're not really happy with the bacon. I'm not sure if it was cured or smoked (or both), but it pretty much has no taste at all. The bacon itself is about 50% meat and 50% fat.

Does anyone have a recipe as to how this could be turned into "jerky"?

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on making "bacon jerky". We recently had a pig butchered and we're not really happy with the bacon. I'm not sure if it was cured or smoked (or both), but it pretty much has no taste at all. The bacon itself is about 50% meat and 50% fat.

Does anyone have a recipe as to how this could be turned into "jerky"?
Pork belly is to fatty to make jerky. The fat will become rancid over time, and doesn’t dry well. Best to just make bacon, and we can help you with that task.

After finding bacon jerky in the store a few times. I started hunting around to see how it is made. I've used this recipe. And the results are very good.
I only make small batches. And keep it in the fridge.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky