Need Help- two 10lb birds!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newbie smoker 1

Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Northern VA
Hello- my name is Shane and I'm in Northern Va, I have two 10 lb turkeys ready to go. I plan on using Cherry wood. Question is, temp and how long for these 2 birds? Any help would be AWESOME!

You can smoke them at any temp between 225 & 325.

Personally I smoke mine around 270, because that's where my offset likes to run.

You need a good thermometer to check the breast temp.

I usually pull mine out of the smoker at 155-160, then rest on the counter for 1/2 hour.

The carryover cooking will bring the temp up to 165.

At 270 your looking at about 2 -3 hours cook time.

Al

Hello im from Laredo Texas I smoked 3 turkeys this morning at 430 am thinking they would be done by 11 or so but they were done by 930 am how can i kee them warm till we eat at 2 pm. I dont want to bit them back on the smoker than they will dry out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky