Need help! Rescue mission

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TMRsmoke

Original poster
Nov 19, 2020
Hi folks,

I have a bad batch of venison summer sausage that I need your help with. I'm almost certain that I used to much pork fat and the sausage is mushy and very greasy. It is also still quite wet even though it has cooled to room temperature. I'm sure I did a number of things wrong...Anyhow, I am trying to rescue this batch. I currently have it in the oven on convection bake at 175 with the door slightly propped open in an attempt to dry it out and hopefully get it to firm up. My question is Since it is so greasy, should I actually try to push some of the fat out by using a temp of 180 or 185?

I realize that at this point, the isn't going to turn out good no matter what I do but I just want to make it usable instead of throwing it out.

Thanks guys!

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
You already stuffed the SS?
And cooking it to get a fat out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky