Need cad files for machine shop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

busmania

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 10, 2015
Centennial, co
I’m really struggling to find someone to take some ideas I have and put them in a cad file for plasma cutting. Apparently graph paper and a pencil are no longer cool. Anyway, I want to take my next build to the next level. I’ve already sourced a shop that can roll me some 1/4” steel but I’m struggling to find anyone willing to let me PAY them the required hourly rate to turn my old school graph paper drawings into computer files. The shop will cut metal with appropriate files but had no advice on who to make those files. I think most shops I approach are all overthinking the simplicity of smoker parts. Any advise? I’ve been mostly trying locally (Denver) but is there an online service that can help me? Anyone here wanna make a buck?
Originally I wanted to draw up a full 3D model of my offset smoker but I’ve given up on that. Anyone have advice?

I will talk with a buddy and see if it is something he can do, the design and production, or just the design. I am north of you an hour, he is in Cheyenne. Once I get a hold of him I will let you know or get you his contact info.

Thanks. I’ll gladly pay fair market for time as required. I have some ideas I’d love to run by someone. Willing to drive (I drive up and down between castle rock and Fort Collins almost daily). Going to Cheyenne is no big deal for me to discuss the project.

I may be able to make that happen for you. Provided my bil is willing.

I sent my BIL the screen shot of your message to see if he wants to do it

Is there a junior college close by? If it has an industrial arts program, speak with the instructors, most likely they would be happy to assign your project to students. The instructors around here are always looking for “real world” challenges to give their students.

Hey everyone. I apprehend advise thus far. I finally met someone local who is reasonable. I met with him and a few hours later had all of the cad files for the plate steal parts. I’m going to get these parts cut, get my barrels rolled and then get started. I appreciate the help!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky