Need A Meat Slicer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Costco has these for $49.99 locally. Their website says $59.99 though so your local Costco may be different. I cut up 10 lbs of bottom round for jerky today and I have to say that a slicer makes it much much easier than doing it by hand with a knife.
biggrin.gif

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Thats not a bad slicer for the money and I think Ron bought one of those so check with him and see how he likes it.

Looks like a good unit for the price...They definitely make life easier...

the online price includes shipping and handling. Thats why there is $10 more.

good price!! i just returned my chefs chiuce slicer and that looks tempting but i think i will get the same kind again

Looks to be a good price but I already have a Rival 1101

Why did you return the Chefs Choice? I picked up the 610 on Friday

41V846S071L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Then I was at Costco about a half hour later and I saw the Warning Pro for $50..

I decided to keep the Chefs Choice, did you have an issue with it?

the last time i used it the blade was bending out really weirdly after i heard some noises coming from it? i am not sure what was going wrong with it but figured i would exchange it before it was too late. the screw deal that holds the blade on seemed to get tighter and tighter, harder to screw in every time i used it

Sliced some smoked roast beef this morning and I am just tickled with it. I am sure there are better slicers out there but for $50 this thing is great. There is no way I could have sliced the roast beef that thin by hand.

Got interested in a slicer after reading this post. Read some reviews on different slicers on amazon.com and it appears that some are very diffecult to clean. The Chefs Choice 610 got some good reviews and they said it was easy to clean. Some people said they did not use their brand / model as often as they would like because it was a pain to clean.

For those of you that have a meat slicer, it would be nice to hear your views on the ease of use and cleaning for the model that you have.

Thanks
Wayne

I was lucky enough to find mine here in town and saved the $12 in shipping, although like you said, when you buy it from HSN they give you the non-serrated blade for ultra thin cuts for free, so you're actually coming out ahead on the deal getting it from them if you are going to buy the blade anyway.. Here's the demo..

Ron you do you use yours a lot? i was using it at least once a week. I don't know what happened with the blade but it was bending all over while i was slicing meat to make jerky

That was the main reason for me to buy it, I like thin sliced meat. Nice video also.

I don't use it a lot but never had that problem. I have never used the serated blade though. Was it screwed on tight?

Thanks for the post, Solar! I emailed the link to my wife with "Christmas?" as the subject
biggrin.gif

The thing is, I'm sure the $100 models like the 610 Ron was talking about would be a little better in the long run, but until I have a nice Kitchen Aid mixer, some new knives and a smoker trailer
tongue.gif
I won't be able to invest more than $50 - 60 in a slicer, so I think this post is right on time.

My wife loved my smoked med-rare rump roast w/ au jus & fresh mozz that I made last month...but slicing it as thin as needed KILLED me. (see above - not only do I need/want a slicer, but my knives aren't the best either)

There's the beef roast, and turkey breasts that I could also use this with - she loves those too. I brine them ususally...

Hopefully she takes my hint.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky