need a little advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzard

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
i only have one day to plan this, i need to give a little back ground so you all will fill sorry for me and help out

i met this girl online at a free webdateing site (first time i ever have done this). we have been talking for about two weeks both online (we email back and forth all day) and on the phone. we finally saw each other on friday for the first time in person when she supprised me by showing up at my job and i think we both liked what we saw. she seems really cool, and i want to impress her.

i am going to make her something and take her on a picnic on monday the 14th, but have no idea what would be impressive looking (even if it takes a lot of time to make (this may be the one)) but good to eat cold, or warm. i may have to make it sunday night because i am selling my boat on monday morning at 9am im guessing this is going to take about 2 hours. i believe she said she takes her lunch at 1:00 or so, so that would only leave me 2 hour to cook the food, shower and drive probably 30 min to her job.

so i need some ideas on what to make, that you all know would be good. i have looked online at recepie sites but an not sure how good it would be next day. so with all the knowledge in this site and since you all are all the friends i have i am going to listen to your ideas on what i should make to try and win her heart over.

If you are trying to impress her, then take her to a restaurant near her job. If you are looking for picnic ideas, Smoke some ham, make sandwhiches, grill some pineapples as part of the dessert. Grill some veggies, and use them to make a salad,

To be honest, that is how I met my wife, so hope you have good luck. The best advice you will get to this type of problem will more than likely come from the women on the site. You know we bunch of old men have no idea of how women think.

i like the grilled veggi salad idea. its easy and will be impressive looking and good to eat cold. i just want ideas thatwill be god cold. i could probably make anything and she would be happy. i just want some ideas on good eating cold foods.

Buzzard,

Look at this quote " i am selling my boat on monday morning at 9am".

You just met this girl and already you're selling your boat. Run Forrest Run. Run as fast as you can. :mrgreen:

LOL - just kidding. Good luck. My wife says it doesn't matter what you cook or say. It's the fact that you are willing to spend the time that matters.

Buzz, Here is what I would do-Today smoke some chicken-beer can is fine-when done, seperate the breast meat from the rest of the bird, and let it cool. Tomorrow, slice the chicken brest thin on the diagonal and serve on top of your roasted veggie salad and serve with a nice raspberry vinegrette dressing. Wash things down with a nice Iced Tea.

I think you have the perfect menu.....Grilled veggie salad, with cold slicked BCC. I have done this for dinner on a Sunday nite, and lunch on monday. If her office has a microwave, you can even warm up the chicken a little then find a nice spot to have with her.

Good luck, have a good time, keep us informed. Maybe next week you can invite her over for some ribs, or better yet do a brisket, then invite her over.

So when you gonna bring this "digital" young lady "home" to meet your on-line family like any other self respecting gentleman would do?
wink.gif

Best of luck buzzard. :D

well it all went well today i think, she seemed to be impressed with what i made and all i did. we ended up eating at her office, because everyone had classes to attend, which was cool, since it was hot outside.

i made the dish i posted below, which had a prety good presentation and for as simple as it was tasted pretty good. i made it the night before and reheated it in he oven while i showered, then wraped it in a towel and placed it in a soft cooler, with good dishes (no paper), papertowels, silverware, some butter and dressing. i stopped by the store and grabed some fresh baked itialian bread and some pre-made salad. and i grabed her a little flower in a vase, a cheep one but looked good.

she seemed to like it but only time will tell.

thanks all for your advice. i think im doing the chicken and rosted veggies next week. i had car trouble on sunday and didnt have time to prepare for it.

below is the recipe i made, like i said its good. i think this would be something excellent for a kid to make since its sooo simple and turned out really good. they would be happy when everyone was asking for seconds.

Beef Spaghetti Pie Ole Recipe

Submitted by: Lara, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA

Ready in: 30-60 minutes
Difficulty: 3 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)
Serves/Makes: 6

Categories:
New Recipes
Spaghetti Pie Recipes

Ingredients:
7 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, or cheddar, shredded
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
10 ounces canned chopped tomatoes with chili, undrained
3/4 cup sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.

Whisk together egg, half the salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/3 cup cheese. Add pasta and toss. Arrange in 9 inch pie dish, pressing to form shell. Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and brown 4-5 minutes, breaking up into 3/4 inch crumbles.

Pour off drippings. Season with remaining salt and remaining garlic powder. Add cumin and stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 3-5 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Reserve 2 Tbs. beef mixture for garnish.

Stir sour cream into remaining beef and spoon into pasta shell. Place remaining cheese in center, leaving 2 inch border around edge. Spoon reserved beef mixture onto center of cheese and bake 15 minutes or until heated through.

This recipe for Beef Spaghetti Pie Ole serves/makes 6

Gee, he asks for our advice and then he don't listen to us!! Young whippersnapper . . .grumble, gumble . . . :P

Glad lunch a success for ya Buzz, but I still think you should of gone with the sliced BBC breast and roasted veggie salad! The fresh bread and the flower was a classy touch-there just might be some hope for you yet!! :mrgreen:

yo dude-
with you being the jester of the order---
im hoping this thread has been a joke.

this is because,
while i lived in tejas 17 yrs.

i was taught that on the first date---
you pulled up to her in the parking lot---
slung open the door of your pickup----
and hollered ---
get in woman!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky