Need a Good Rub For Pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
+1 to Jeff's. With it, you will learn to tweak and then ultimately build your own. However, no rub will compare to the results of injecting. Wish someone told me that years ago. Last butt I ran I didn't even use a rub.

I also used Jeff's recipes as a great base. His recipes are well worth it. I have slowly modified to fit my taste (no salt and more heat). With pork I add turbinado sugar instead of brown sugar (turbinado does not cake up). I then wrap and refridge for 24 hours. I also inject the meat before I rub.

Reactions: zwiller
Jeff's book and recipes are a must own. The sauce is legit/restaurant grade. Tweaking them is insanely cool. One time I tried chili powder in place of the paprika and cayenne and it completely changed my cooking style and upped my game big time.

Mixon's book is pretty wild. He marinades his ribs and the marinade has stuff in it you'd never guess. IE ranch dressing. That being said, my PP got so good we rarely eat ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky