Need a crowed pleaser!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
ST. Petersburg, FL
I'm having a big birthday party on the 29th and I have about 20lbs of wild pork all cubed up for sausage. I wanna make a smoked sausage with this one that most people will like.

What would be a crowed pleasing smoked sausage that everyone will enjoy?

Here's one that was liked by all.

Summer Sausage - Boar - Smoked

6 pounds boar shoulder, cut in 1" squares
4 pounds fatty pork trimmings
70 grams salt
13 grams cure #1
13 5/8 grams phosphates
9 grams marjoram
29 grams powdered dextrose
13 1/4 grams mustard seed, whole
14 grams black pepper, coarse ground
4 grams caraway seed
5 5/8 grams garlic powder
6 3/4 grams mace
70 grams nonfat dry milk
12 grams MSG
70 grams corn syrup solids
12 grams soy protein
8 grams paprika
8 fibrous casings (2 1/2" x 12"), soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1 1/2 cups cold water, divided
12 grams cayenne, optional
4 grams hot pepper flakes, optional

Grind all meat through a 1/4" plate.
Mix the ground pork with the cure, salt, and phosphate together and mix until the paste becomes sticky.
Refrigerate the meat paste for 2 days. 

Prepare the remaining ingredients by coarsely grinding them, using a mortar and pestle, and then mixing them into the meat paste with 1 cup water.
Refrigerate for 1 more day.

Stuff into casings and allow them to hang at room temperature until dry.

Place in 130° smoker and smoke for 4 hours.

Raise the temperature to 170°, continue applying smoke and hold at this temperature until an internal temperature of 152° is reached. 

Remove from smoker and cold shower (or ice bath) immediately until temperature is reduced to 90°F.

Hang sausage for 1 - 2 hours and allow to bloom.
Place under refrigeration for at least 5 hours before slicing.

Made this one o week back from lets make sausage with really good results, would imagine all pork would be great too. Lots of flavor.

King of Venison Sausage

•6 1/2 lbs of trimmed venison

•3 1/2 lbs of fatty pork shoulder or trimmings. You want a 20% fat mix when you are done

•3 tablespoons kosher salt

•3 tablespoons black pepper

•3 tablespoons onion powder

•3 tablespoons Accent(MSG) - I didn't use it

•1 tablespoon garlic powder

•1 tablespoon sugar

•1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

•1 teaspoon ground allspice

•1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sage

•1 teaspoon crushed mustard seed

•2 teaspoons cure (Prague powder or Instacure #1)

•2 cups ice water

1.Cut all the meat into 1-2 inch cubes, then grind it though the mediu plate of your meat grinder.

2.Take all the spices and cure and mix them well into the 2 cups of ice water.

3.Pour the water and spice mix into the ground meat and work it all in by hand for at least a couple of minutes to ensure a homogenous mix. Let set over night.

4.Stuff the sausage into 32-35mm natural or collagen casings and prepare the links for the smoker.

5.Once the smoking process is completed, package the links and either keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 4 months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky