names mike i like smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muddymike55

Original poster
Jan 9, 2023
from northern illinois been smoking for about 7 years. found this forum looking for plans for a 275gallon barrel smoker build. so here i am. if anyone know of a good thread to check out let me know. i havent found the build section yet as i stopped here first. thanks muddymike

Welcome from Mississippi. Lots of great info on here. And post pics of your progress. We are visually oriented around here.

Jim

thanks for the replies guys. there most definitely is a ton of knowledge in this forum. ive always done good on the smoker. ive wanted to build a big smoker as we have a ton of friends over most every weekend from memorial day to labor day. this year my oldest boy graduates high school and wants a pig roast. so i finally decided to build a 275gallon pit. i have the necessary welding and fabrication skills to pull this off im confident there. but there is something to be learned about fire box size vent holes grate height stack dia. one stack or two? reverse flow? so much to learn thats why im here.

Welcome to your new addiction (the forums) Mike... Here's exactly what your looking for... MANY of us have used it (including me, my build is in my signature down below)... Study it... put your numbers in and get the results... will give you all the answers your looking for... Any questions just ask away...

Reactions: muddymike55
Welcome to your new addiction (the forums) Mike... Here's exactly what your looking for... MANY of us have used it (including me, my build is in my signature down below)... Study it... put your numbers in and get the results... will give you all the answers your looking for... Any questions just ask away...

Thank you sir that is very very helpful. I need to get down ro my cousins and get the tank cause I don't know exact dimensions. I can't wait to get started on this thing! Here's a couple pictures

Attachments

• 20230106_135719.jpg
    20230106_135719.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230106_135657.jpg
    20230106_135657.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 7
Welcome from New Hampshire. If you can find one a 250 or 500 gallon propane tank has much heavier gauge steel and will last a lifetime.

Reactions: muddymike55
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky