Mystery of Cold Smoking by Marianski, Stanley; Marianski, Adam.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There are more informed sources, other than Meat Head Goldwyn... You should broaden your sources... Investigate your "facts", as you know them...
Other than that, WELCOME to
Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

There....fixed it for you

There are more informed sources, other than Meat Head Goldwyn... such is
Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

Well, if I had a physics question, I wouldn't hesitate to ask his wife(if in fact married) for physics advice, provided she had a doctorate in physics.

Investigate your "facts", as you know them ...

This is a tricky one to figure out. Ultimately, it comes down to what is the risk level you are comfortable with, and what safety measures can you take to minimize / manage the risk.

One source I checked said that people with a "compromised" immune system should avoid cold smoked fish. They included senior citizens, pregnant women, and young children in this group. (Dinner was delicious, shame about grandma.)

And at the same time, I have this feeling, "you know there's this great new system. It's called cooking with heat. It dramatically reduces the dangers of botulism, listeria, and parasites. Give up the sushi, ceviche, and the cold smoked salmon; and live a long, healthy, parasite free life."

This is a tricky one to figure out. Ultimately, it comes down to what is the risk level you are comfortable with, and what safety measures can you take to minimize / manage the risk.

One source I checked said that people with a "compromised" immune system should avoid cold smoked fish. They included senior citizens, pregnant women, and young children in this group. (Dinner was delicious, shame about grandma.)

And at the same time, I have this feeling, "you know there's this great new system. It's called cooking with heat. It dramatically reduces the dangers of botulism, listeria, and parasites. Give up the sushi, ceviche, and the cold smoked salmon; and live a long, healthy, parasite free life."
Would this new system destroy aflatoxin on rice or corn? Answer is: only 50%. Taking your chance with the other 50%?
You have to give up a lot more than uncooked meat to live a parasite free life. Pretty much anything out there has the potential to ger contaminated/infested.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky