1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Mystery of Cold Smoking by Marianski, Stanley; Marianski, Adam.

Discussion in 'Info and Practices' started by daveomak, Sep 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

There....fixed it for you

There are more informed sources, other than Meat Head Goldwyn... such is
    Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

2. atomicsmoke

Would you take medical advice from a doctor's husband/wife?

daveomak likes this.
  3. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

What do you think it is Doc ?

Not sure , let me call the wife.

daveomak likes this.
  4. bill ace 350

bill ace 350 Smoking Fanatic

Sure, provided the spouse were a qualified Doctor, as the dude in the video claims.

5. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

physicist Greg Blonder.... Doctor of Physics

6. bill ace 350

bill ace 350 Smoking Fanatic

Well, if I had a physics question, I wouldn't hesitate to ask his wife(if in fact married) for physics advice, provided she had a doctorate in physics.

7. webmanoffesto

webmanoffesto Newbie

This is a tricky one to figure out. Ultimately, it comes down to what is the risk level you are comfortable with, and what safety measures can you take to minimize / manage the risk.

One source I checked said that people with a "compromised" immune system should avoid cold smoked fish. They included senior citizens, pregnant women, and young children in this group. (Dinner was delicious, shame about grandma.)

And at the same time, I have this feeling, "you know there's this great new system. It's called cooking with heat. It dramatically reduces the dangers of botulism, listeria, and parasites. Give up the sushi, ceviche, and the cold smoked salmon; and live a long, healthy, parasite free life."

8. atomicsmoke

Would this new system destroy aflatoxin on rice or corn? Answer is: only 50%. Taking your chance with the other 50%?
    You have to give up a lot more than uncooked meat to live a parasite free life. Pretty much anything out there has the potential to ger contaminated/infested.