My very first smoked chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

y2kpitt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Northwest Washington State
All,

I just broke in my new ECB by makeing my first ever smoked chicken. Nothing to fancy just a little spiced butter under the skin and white wine and apples in the drip tray. One odd thing that did happen was it hailed on me for about 15 minutes...but even that couldn't stop me :D Tried adding some pics but seem to be having some problems will try to add some later

Glad to hear the chicken turned out OK Y2, the hail thing, well, that's got to do with karma. See, if you hadn't made such good chicken, then, well, it might not have stopped hailing. Try and get the pics posted, we would love to see your work. BEAR

Don't let the weather hinder your smoke sessions Y2, about the only thing that stops me is a really windy day. Now I have a covered patio I can smoke 'em where it is nice and dry!

Here hopefully are a few Pics. One in the smoker and one on the plate. Boy it was tasty, I finished up the leftovers this afternoon. The last one is my dog and my smoker I couldn't think of better couple to spend my Sunday with than these two.
45a5cc0a_vbattach10493.jpg

9a52f296_vbattach10492.jpg

b335ac79_vbattach10491.jpg

y2kpitt,
Looks like a roaring success. Those chickens really loog fantastic. And also, what a wonderful way to finish it all off. What could be better than a man's dog, the smoker and a cold beer. Hope this is just the first of many many more. Just think ..... butts, brisket, hams, ribs, more chickens ..... .Live is good. By all means please keep us posted. And thanks for the pictures. One of these days, I'm going to take the plunge and get checked out on the pix.

Have a great week!

As I scrolled up looking at those pictures and drooling ..... I got to the top one and realized we were doing the same thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky