My Version of the Mailbox mod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If it is creosote then you are ok, if it is something different due to paint or oils or anything like that from your box and hose then feel free to burn it out with the propane torch. Better safe than sorry :)

If it is just a shiny thin black layer of creosote I don't think you will have to worry, plus with your AMNPS being elevated the only chance anything catches fire in the box is if your pellets flare up... which does happen on occasion due to a gust of wind coming through OR simply opening the door on the smoker really fast which causes an extra suck or air through the system. If you have over dried your pellets then the door opening can cause a flare up.
Both flare up cases should be on the rare spectrum of things but they do happen every now and again so don't ever leave your setup unattended :)

I hope this info helps :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky