My Turn To Apologize....Again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I've been pretty much absent for the past month or a bit longer. Life has been crazy, but most of it I brought on myself. In addition to the standard Spring / Summer chores around Casa Bianca, I've done two major fabrication projects back to back: the hybrid Santa Maria grill for Jed and a new smoker for Tracy and I. Add to that a trip to FL in between the two projects and I've just been totally out of commission for much of anything else. I know I have missed responding to a ton of great threads by my extended SMF family and for that, I apologize. I've been able to read most of what's been posted but just no time to reply. The new smoker was completed a couple days ago, the initial burn-in done, and today will be the inaugural run with a rack of massive beef chuck short ribs. It's probably way late to try going back and finding all the threads I've missed but hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of things forthcoming. So many of us here have always supported each other, laughed, joked, and shared fantastic meals. I just feel as though I've let my "family" down recently. I'll try to do better.....

Robert

All I heard was something about a couple of new smokers...........;)

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Family and real life stuff first my friend! The lights are always on and your friends are here for you when your time frees up!
Thanks for understanding buddy. I know I've missed a couple of your threads and feel like a schmuck.

Robert

Much like we had to do with Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ when he was guilty of the same offence. There will be a public shaming on the courthouse steps monday at noon
What can I say? I deserve it. Lemme guess....the only attire I'm allowed to wear is my burlap thong? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

No worries Robert, putting time to good use! Have to say my eyes wondered down from "I am sorry," then "Bianca" caught my eye and I thought oh nooo!! I am so glad it was just you being busy.

Reactions: JLeonard
1683987174382.png

Glad to see you back posting, Robert, your absence has been noticed. You and TNJAKE TNJAKE , who seems to have fallen off the radar. I understand about prioritizing life, though, it is what it is...just don't let it happen again without prior approval from the forum...🤣:emoji_wink:

Reactions: clifish
All good Robert. Like said before life has a way of doing that. We know you are always busy and in the background of SMF.
( Shame, Shame Shame ) lol

We all have to do what is necessary first, and than the fun and relaxing things will find their way back.

David

Apology accepted. Thank you. Welcome back.

Maybe a party and spread for SMF members who want to attend to help critique the new smokers might be in order. 😁

Jokes aside, I get it. So busy I am losing track of days and after 5 days at home back on the road again.

No worries Robert, putting time to good use! Have to say my eyes wondered down from "I am sorry," then "Bianca" caught my eye and I thought oh nooo!! I am so glad it was just you being busy.
Thanks Cliff. The understanding and support is appreciated. As for Bianca, she is coming up on her 13th birthday and still a puppy at heart. She fat, lumpy, bumpy, but still the sweetest thing on the planet.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
I understand about prioritizing life, though, it is what it is...just don't let it happen again without prior approval from the forum
Uh...ok....sure Charles. Who do I contact next time I need to go AWOL? :emoji_laughing: Seriously, thank you mt friend.

Robert

All good Robert. Like said before life has a way of doing that. We know you are always busy and in the background of SMF.
Thanks so much David. Tracy always says "a bored Robert is not a happy Robert" and I guess she's right. With the smoker all done I felt like something was missing from my life over the weekend. Just took some time to catch up on a few things....like the beer I missed drinking while I was so busy :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Apology accepted. Thank you. Welcome back.
Thank you sir. Very much appreciated....and a belated "welcome back" to you also. BTW, if the view shown in your Mother's Day thread is from your property, I am envious. That's beautiful.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky