My take on "Pickled Mustard Seed" ( Caviar ) On a Mozza Burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Interesting I too have never seen anything like this. (a course I live a shelter life)

Warren

Hi Warren thanks for the like and the comment

It is new to me also this year, but saw it done a few different ways , and this is my take,
tastes like my B and B pickles, trying a different way soon as my big bottle of seeds come in
from amazon

David

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Make that another one for the never seen/heard of that before. But I really like it!! The coloring and texture look great. And I loke the "pop" of the seeds. Thanks for the recipe and the pics. Next stop - got to make list. Can see that on a Black Forrest Ham sandwich or over a currywurst. 🍻
John

Make that another one for the never seen/heard of that before. But I really like it!! The coloring and texture look great. And I loke the "pop" of the seeds. Thanks for the recipe and the pics. Next stop - got to make list. Can see that on a Black Forrest Ham sandwich or over a currywurst. 🍻
John

Thanks John for the like and the comment

I really like it , and yes it would be good on ham, I had it on broiled fish , really nice, I'm not sure what currywurst is I will have to look up, but
it is good on many things. And so easy to make it to the taste you want it to be

David

David,
Currywurst is a German street food using grilled/sliced white sausage, or Weißwurst. I just use any sausage I have on hand. Then served on fries or with a hard roll (Borchen). The wurst is covered in a curry-based tomato sauce, or a currywurst ketchup. Curry flavor ranges from mild to HUH?! It has an interesting history that started after WWII. 🍻
John

David,
Currywurst is a German street food using grilled/sliced white sausage, or Weißwurst. I just use any sausage I have on hand. Then served on fries or with a hard roll (Borchen). The wurst is covered in a curry-based tomato sauce, or a currywurst ketchup. Curry flavor ranges from mild to HUH?! It has an interesting history that started after WWII. 🍻
John
That does sound interesting John
and I bet the Mustard seeds would be good with that as a condiment

David

Wow. This is a fantastic idea that I have never heard of. I'm not a fan of B&B pickle flavor myself, but I could absolutely see how you could make whatever flavor suits you with this. Anytime I eat a sandwich from Jimmy johns, I always get their "Jimmy mustard", and my favorite thing about it is the pop of the seeds.
I could see myself getting hooked on trying different variations of this recipe, maybe even mastering my own version.

Thanks for the post! I will almost certainly be trying a small batch this weekend.

Wow. This is a fantastic idea that I have never heard of. I'm not a fan of B&B pickle flavor myself, but I could absolutely see how you could make whatever flavor suits you with this. Anytime I eat a sandwich from Jimmy johns, I always get their "Jimmy mustard", and my favorite thing about it is the pop of the seeds.
I could see myself getting hooked on trying different variations of this recipe, maybe even mastering my own version.

Thanks for the post! I will almost certainly be trying a small batch this weekend.

Thanks Matt for the like and the comment
you are welcome and you should try it as very easy to do, you could cut back on the sugar and add dill, ( I'm not a dill pickle guy )
and maybe chili pepper seeds and cayenne
I'm going to make a batch with jalapeno, and an other with lemons the main base , just waiting for my big bottle of seeds coming from Amazon.... very cheap that way

David

I like sweet too but find sweet pickles here except jerkins or relish. Like like butter and sweet pickles on liverwursts sammies.

Warren

Very interesting, never seen these before and must give it a try.
Nice burger shots.

Thanks John for the comment, it was great on the burger, next time going to put in the burger when I make the patties

New to me also this year, the seeds expand in the cook and pop when you eat , can be made with lots of
different flavors , maple , peppers , IPA etc, what ever you might like

David

Looks phenomenal David, gonna have to try this! I’d have been all over that plate… very nice!

Thanks WaterinHoleBrew for the like and the comment

It is very cool looking and I love the taste, and who does not like Mozza Burgers with fries and gravy

The pickled mustard seeds can be made with a lot of different flavors. I'm going to do Jalapeno batch, and batch with lemon as the main flavor . Just waiting for
my big bottle of mustard seeds to come in from Amazon. Very cheep that way, instead of the small bottles

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky