My Smoke Hollow 44 build w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txocelot

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
Central Texas
Wanted to share and give out some thanks for all the help from members. I bought and built my smoker based on a rolling rack I got from a construction project that was never put to use for the build, so I wanted to give a shout out to aland  and SgtFury  for the super fast replies about the real width of the SH44, which a call to SH didn't give me the right info (they gave me a nearly 2" wider info, which nearly killed the choice of this unit) and only made me doubt until they gave clear info. 

I picked up a few red oak pallets to reclaim the wood, if your going to use them, please read up on pallets and pallet markings, some out there shouldn't be any where near food, and even these I sealed well. The hole for the propane tank is for storage only. Second board is unsanded, they cleaned up great.

Yes I still use crayons

Went together like a dream

Do it right the first time, though this was added after initial seasoning, I couldn't wait.

Drafting great

Lets get some meat on this thing

Pork loins top, Fatties center, Chicken lower 

Removed a bit early, going to take to the lake and grill them a touch.

Half sausage and beef, provolone and spinach.

Thanks for everyone that has given me so many ideas and product reviews, I have planned this for a while and pulled the trigger all at once, smoker, amnps, mailbox, and vacmaster 260 ordered in one sitting after saving a while to do it right and do it once. Threw in a maverick 72 and I was ready for the big smoke this week, of 4 100lb wild hogs (other post in wild game section) all went better than it ever has and I know were and who made it go so easy. 

TxOcelot

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky