My Recipe Featured In Bon Appetit'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great post! Thanks for all the effort it took to get it to us. Good luck on all your future endeavors, whatever they might be.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Rio Rancho, where are you?

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I love to hear about the commercial side of things. You have laid in on the line with no regrets, though. Very few follow their passion so directly in their work. I look forward to hearing more. I missed you at Roll Call (like many others) so welcome as well.

How do you like it there.

I can't wait to get of here. House has been sold forever just waiting for the buyer to sell theirs Utah bound. If things go well, I start a small Q bussiness there, one reason I got the MES to play around with and experiment.

Nice story. Thanks for taking the time.

That "thingie" above the broiler, was it called a "salamander"?

I used to cook at various levels in restaurants and my guess is it's a salamander. At any rate, I'll try yer ribs next weekend.

Thanks Buddy
SKOL
Vman

Thanks, that was a salamander, my brain went dead. Too many Miller Lites maybe.
icon_surprised.gif

Let me know how they turn out.

Thanks Ron for that post. Restr. work is hard and long hrs as you know. You really have to love it to do it. You are a little older and much wiser now,so if you decide to give it another go.....good luck from all of us.

Great post and great claim to fame as well.

I had a magazine request permission to print a picture of a burger once, but I kinda doubt they ever will publish it. It would be pretty cool to one day get a letter saying they were going to use it.

Oh yeah, the thing above the broiler....Salamander?

Thanks for the good luck.

Salamander is a hot oven above a restaurant broiler. No temp control and is HOT, used it for reheating things.

Ron - I read through your story and, as a small business owner, can relate to your situation. It takes guts to go for something you love to do and give it a try. Most people will not take the chance. I lost my fiirst business and am trying for make my second one work. Ihope it works for you. I wish you the best!!!! Chuck

Thanks, Chuck for the best. Good luck in your second try, I really mean that!

Yep, smalll bussiness can suck big time. What can happpen, will happen. I can't imagine if I did the restaurant in a populated area now, I probably would be retired with a ton of money.

Hey, I was young, took a chance and learned a lot. If I did my homework before, I wouldn't have gone to an area with very little population. I let my love for the Northwoods, fishing, away from the big city, ETC, take over, not a good bussiness decision.

I never look back though, as it can be painful.

Thanks again everyone!!

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky