my pit trailer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's been a while, but I've got a lil more done on my pit. Finished out aluminum panels, built the warming oven door. Now for tool box lid,tail lights, and paint!! Maybe this next few weeks will allow time roger this done!!
GALLERY]

Well cooked a brisket yesterday, and doors leak really bad, brisket was awesome, but it used a lot of wood and when I closed damper and air intake, it would still burn as it is so drafty

Where is it leaking at?  Looked like it should be pretty tight. 

Betcha DaveOmak or DragonBreath can possibly help diagnose if you cn post some photos of it leaking.

A good bead of the Rutland Black Hi-Temp RTV sealant will cure any cook chamber leaks. You need something different on the FB (probably something in the asbestos-based family) as the surface temps on those can easily climb above it's max working temperature and it will melt away.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky