My new toy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 19, 2007
Upstate NY
Picked up a Silver smoker on Craig's for $40.00! It has only been used twice! I need to research and do the mods on it yet but I am excited to have it. I plan on doing the mods over the winter and run the drum in the mean time.

Hauling it home.

Very lightly used!

The vent seems to be closer to the grate then some I have seen. There is about a two inch gap. Do you think I still need to extend it down a bit?

I am very excited to have a stick burner! Hope you all enjoyed the pics!

Stole that sucker, didn't you?! Congrats on the new smoker. Get her modded up and lets see some pics of your smokes.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I did steal it Bassman! He had it listed for 50.00 and I talked him down to 40.00! I had to travel to Syracuse to get it but well worth it. Made a day trip out of it and visited some friends for lunch & football so it was all good.

Nice score!! Glad to see you with a horizontal and vertical rig. Both are fun to smoke with, especially the stick burner!!
biggrin.gif

LOL. Not only was it cheap to begin with, but you talked him down another 10 bucks. How do you sleep at night?
biggrin.gif

He obviously was not a member here at SMF or he would not have gotten rid of it.
icon_mrgreen.gif

A good deal for sure, you will like running a stick burner. Looking forward to some of your first post using it.

Congrats on that smoker my friend, you got lucky stealing that one!

You did good with this find at that price. My son has one and he cut the ends out of a soup can and places it in the stack to move the draft to the level of the gill top and it ready helps with the TBS moving around the meat. Excellent catch. Keep us posted on the mod’s too.

You couldn't have done better unless the guy delivered it to you. Congrats on the new smoker and it looks almost new and isn't it too bad that the guy didn't know about us here or you wouldn't have it now for sure. Great score.

Nice Find...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Craig's list is a great source for lightly used smokers and other equipment...

It is a daily visit for me...

Your right Paul! I had been looking on Craig's List for over a year trying to find an offset at a goog price. Patience paid off!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky