My new toy!

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by billbo, Nov 8, 2009.

1. billbo

billbo Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Picked up a Silver smoker on Craig's for $40.00! It has only been used twice! I need to research and do the mods on it yet but I am excited to have it. I plan on doing the mods over the winter and run the drum in the mean time.

Hauling it home.

Very lightly used!

The vent seems to be closer to the grate then some I have seen. There is about a two inch gap. Do you think I still need to extend it down a bit?

I am very excited to have a stick burner! Hope you all enjoyed the pics!

2. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Stole that sucker, didn't you?! Congrats on the new smoker. Get her modded up and lets see some pics of your smokes.[​IMG]

3. billbo

I did steal it Bassman! He had it listed for 50.00 and I talked him down to 40.00! I had to travel to Syracuse to get it but well worth it. Made a day trip out of it and visited some friends for lunch & football so it was all good.

4. rod guy

rod guy Smoke Blower

Thats a great deal, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

5. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice score!! Glad to see you with a horizontal and vertical rig. Both are fun to smoke with, especially the stick burner!! [​IMG]

6. meat hunter

meat hunter Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

LOL. Not only was it cheap to begin with, but you talked him down another 10 bucks. How do you sleep at night?[​IMG]
    He obviously was not a member here at SMF or he would not have gotten rid of it.[​IMG]
    A good deal for sure, you will like running a stick burner. Looking forward to some of your first post using it.

7. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats on that smoker my friend, you got lucky stealing that one!

8. randya

randya Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

You did good with this find at that price. My son has one and he cut the ends out of a soup can and places it in the stack to move the draft to the level of the gill top and it ready helps with the TBS moving around the meat. Excellent catch. Keep us posted on the mod’s too.

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

You couldn't have done better unless the guy delivered it to you. Congrats on the new smoker and it looks almost new and isn't it too bad that the guy didn't know about us here or you wouldn't have it now for sure. Great score.

10. toxie

toxie Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Sweet deal!! [​IMG]

11. rickw

rickw Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice find indeed. Welcome to the world of stick burning, you're gonna love it.

12. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Find...[​IMG]

Craig's list is a great source for lightly used smokers and other equipment...

It is a daily visit for me...

13. billbo

Your right Paul! I had been looking on Craig's List for over a year trying to find an offset at a goog price. Patience paid off!