My New TMG Pits Copperhead

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
As I posted in a previous thread, I got on the list to have one built - tmgpits.com. I am getting a 52" Copperhead reverse flow, this will be my first experience with reverse flow. Anyway, Brandon called me today and my new cooker will be ready next week. I'm excited to be getting it, but I have to temper that excitement with the reality that I can't go pick it up until probably the first of June. But it'll be here soon enough and I'm going to start planning my first cook. Ideas anyone?

More to follow in the near future....

Wow, that thing is a tank! Excellent purchase. Please take pictures once you get it.

Never heard of these guys.
D ----
Did you get the off road package or trailer options?

kilo charlie kilo charlie nailed it with the pork shoulder idea. Inexpensive and forgiving.
I got the off road package as I don't really see myself taking it to very many places. It's primarily for personal use for family and friends.

Looking forward to your posts on it. I’m loving reverse flow after two cooks.
There's going to be a learning curve for sure, but as soon as I get to cooking on it, I'll post up some pictures.

So I found a day to go pick up my new smoker. My fishing partner and I made the trip to Knoxville yesterday to see the shop and get my 52" Copperhead.
20210516_090930 (1).jpg

Let me start by saying that this thing is almost too nice to cook in. It is almost a work of art and the attention to detail is amazing, pictures just do not do it any justice. Every time I look at it I see another feature that obviously had some thought put into it such as the griddle top on the firebox that is slightly sloped towards the drain in the back left corner which drains all the way out the bottom. I'm no welder, but have been around it enough to know what good welds look like and what "stacking dimes" means and the welds are flawless.

thumbnail (15).jpg

I've got the first fire burning in it now getting it ready to cook in which will probably be Memorial Day weekend.

Dude that thing is gorgeous and looks massive! I am green with envy. Cant wait to see what you pull off of it.
Jim

Wow, that thing is beautiful! Congrats! I just don't think I'd have the patience to wait until Memorial day weekend to cook on it though!
Thank you, Kevin. When I retired 4+ years ago, I started a "part time" fishing guide service. Late winter, spring, and early summer are very busy times of the year for me and I'm primarily taking care of repeat customers. I fish 4-6 days a week, every week. But a friend has inquired about the possibility of me smoking him a butt for a children's charity event he's helping with so I'll find the time to make that happen within the next week. Guess they'll be the guinea pigs with the new smoker...:emoji_wink:. Then hopefully it'll be a throw down for Memorial Day for the family.

Reactions: kevin james
Still loving your tmg now that you’ve had it for awhile? They just did one with a Santa Maria style grill inside. So cool

Still loving your tmg now that you’ve had it for awhile? They just did one with a Santa Maria style grill inside. So cool
Yes, I'm still in love with it. It cooks great and I'm very happy with the food that comes off of it. Only problem I've had lately is neck and shoulder problems that make it difficult to raise the lid, it is heavy, but I manage. Almost a year later and knowing what I know now, I'd opt for one of their Fridge series cabinet style smokers. It sucks getting older and your body reminds of that almost every day...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky