My New KUDU

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think you're going to enjoy it. I got one last spring. Cool being able to use wood right out of your fireplace stash.
Sorry, I don't have many pics but I did a duck spin post last year if you can find it. Also some kabobs that actually made the carousel :emoji_astonished:
I haven't really found a lot of use for the 15' cast iron pan, but a 16" wok fits really nicely in the ring and the fire makes that wok screaming hot.
There again, I don't have any pics but I believe I did a post.
Any wind is going to blow ashes around and the smoke follows you around like a campfire LOL!
I'm on the fence about the "smoker dome" as well, but of course I had to have one.
The hand method of temp is kind of silly, I think. I clip a remote to the grill if I want to check temps.
Keep in mind that when you spin a grid around off the fire whatever you're cooking is going to drip on the patio...
The weather is starting to break here and I'm ready to try it out again. Just looking for ideas. Watching you!
I guess I shouldn't delete pics from my phone so often.
beans.jpg spin.jpg

Those look so awesome! I've always seen them referred to as "Cowboy Grills" here in TX and the ones I seen were all custom made.
Cool to see a company makes you you can readily buy instead of needing someone to weld and fabricate one for you.

Question though, how do you cover this thing to keep the weather off it?

tallbm tallbm 4AF2FAFC-5670-4DED-BB17-A922B48870FB.jpeg
Here’s the cover for it. We had a little rain two days ago and it did the job. You can even cinch it down across the underside with the sewn-in cord. That came in handy today with the wind.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokyMose SmokyMose Thanks for the advice. I wondered about the big cast iron. Not sure how much I’ll use it either. I’ll try to hunt down your duck. Thanks
The cast iron might be good for searing some sous vide items if it is already on, or if reverse searing something you smoked. It looks big and seems like it could a bunch of meat.

It looks like it would get too hot for regular cooking.

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Those look so awesome! I've always seen them referred to as "Cowboy Grills" here in TX and the ones I seen were all custom made.
Cool to see a company makes you you can readily buy instead of needing someone to weld and fabricate one for you.

Question though, how do you cover this thing to keep the weather off it?
The Mrs. found a generic "fit all" at Amazon. About half the price of the one from KUDU and pretty tough.
cover.jpg

The cast iron might be good for searing some sous vide items if it is already on, or if reverse searing something you smoked. It looks big and seems like it could a bunch of meat.

It looks like it would get too hot for regular cooking.
So far I've mostly made beans, but I did try txsmoker's Ranchero with pork chops and it worked very well.
You can deep fry in it but I'm leary of having all that oil over a fire...

Reactions: Sven Svensson
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky