My New Burgers (Replacing My Deerburgers)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
My New Burgers (Replacing My Deerburgers)

No Deerburgers this year, so I had to come up with a new mix to replace them.
The Deerburgers I've been making for years were 50% Venison, 25% Pork, and 25% Beef.

The best I found through my experimenting is 75% Beef and 25% Pork. Much better than straight Beef, and almost as good as My Deerburger Mix.
So Mrs Bear turned 2 pounds of My new Mix into 6 Patties of 1/3 lb each, after mixing 3 TBS of Worcestershire sauce in it.

So I oiled the Ninja Grill a bit & set it on HI for 20 minutes, and closed it up for the Preheat.
When the “ADD FOOD” appeared, I put 6 nice big Burgers on the Grill for 5 minutes.
Then I flipped the Burgers & cooked them on the second side for another 5 minutes, including about 30 seconds to melt the Cheese on one.
Then I added a Mix of Mustard & Ketchup to my First Roll & the Burger, and plated it with a bunch of leftover Scallops.

The second night, I coated both sides of a Roll with Kraft Sandwich Spread, dropped a Burger in, with melted Cheese, and added 3 Deviled Eggs & some Pickle Chips.

Then the Third Night, I had one more Cheeseburger with Jeff’s Awesome BBQ Sauce, with 2 Deviled Eggs & some Pickled Red Beet Slices.

These were some Great Burgers, with both the New Mix & the way this New Toy (Ninja Grill) made them for Me.

That’s it for now,

Bear

Mrs Bear formed these Patties for me:
IMG_6692.jpeg

6 Burger Patties (1/3 Pound Each) of my new Mix of 75% Beef and 25% Pork, plus Worcestershire sauce:
IMG_6693.jpeg

Getting my First Bun ready with a mix of Ketchup & Mustard:
IMG_6694.jpeg

Nice Big Juicy Burgers looking for a Bun to hide in:
IMG_6695.jpeg

Bear's first Night's Supper, with some Leftover Scallops & Pickle Chips:
IMG_6696.jpeg

Closed up & Ready:
IMG_6697.jpeg

Next Night's adding Kraft Sandwich Spread to a Bun:
IMG_6700.jpeg

Bear's second Night's Supper, with Deviled Eggs & Pickle Chips:
IMG_6701.jpeg

Closed & Ready:
IMG_6702.jpeg

Bear's Third Night's Supper of Cheeseburger with Jeff's BBQ Sauce, with Deviled Eggs & Pickled Red Beet Slices on the side:
IMG_6703.jpeg

As usual you stuff look great Bear but man I am jonesing for deviled eggs!!! Waiting for the missus to make a batch from the easter eggs. For a long time I did like you and hit them hard with black and a little cayenne pepper but no longer do. I now use new mexican red (hatch) chile powder. Love that stuff!

Those burgers look great John! I used to do a 50/50 mix of ground hot breakfast sausage and ground beef. Was pretty tasty if you are in that mood for that type of burger. Right now I grind 50/50 brisket and chuck. Seems to be the fan favorite around these parts. None the less yours look great man and I would be happy to sit down to a couple any day!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
It has never crossed my mind to make burgers with a beef/pork mix, so now I'm going to have to try this.

I also do a 75/25 mix.If you can find some ground chourico or linguica mix that with the beef,it's awesome.

Sounds like a good choice on the mix . Now I need some deviled eggs too .
Good lookin burgers .

Oh, Bear.... That plate looks awesome! Just buns alone, covered with ketchup and mustard looks so appetizing to me... I would eat burgers every day (with an exception when I eat stakes, ribs, etc. :emoji_wink:) but amount of carbs doesn't allow me that....

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
and plated it with a bunch of leftover Scallops.
Great looking burgers Bear, 3 days in a row. That's how I like to eat what i cook until its gone. Mona wants to move on to something else after maybe pushing it for 2 meals ( except Ham or Turkey dinners )
I'm not much on shell fish , but in my house for Wife no such thing as leftover scallops or lobster ...ha ha

David

Tasty looking burgers Bear! My wife just made me deviled eggs otherwise I'd be drooling over those also! Might have to try your burger mix... running low on venison burger ourselves

Ryan

Just in time for this weekend! I am going to smoke our first burgers, then reverse sear them on the grill. Mrs. Smoke makes the patties from an old recipe that I remember as a kid. She still uses the old wooden patti press. Yours look great!

Those Burgers look excellent, John. Another great meal from that Ninja! All 3 meals look delicious, but I'm partial to the first one with the Scallops. Great work.

Cant go wrong with a burger and yours look great!
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great John, Like! I've been making these for about 20 years, almost the same, can't be beat! RAY

30 lbs Hipshot Burgers | Smoking Meat Forums - The Best Barbecue Discussion Forum On Earth!

Cool, I see you use a 60/40 mix, and mine is 75/25. I'm going to have to try your 60/40, because as good as mine are, I might like it leaning a little more towards Sausage.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky