My mes 140s setup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

There it is

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2019
Wisconsin
So there you have it pics of my setup. Got tired of dragging mes in and out of the house. Now i can smoke in all weather doors opened or closed. My Not mailbox mod is a stainless steel stock pot with a 3 inch hole cut in the top. Used some 3 inch aluminum dryer vent pipe and aluminum dryer flex hose. This came about be cause my AMNPS caught on fire and the paint in the mailbox also caught on fire ruining a pork butt ARRRGG. All venting is also done with 3 inch aluminum dryer pipes and elbows. The pipe that you see going to the left on the upper inside is so the heat and smoke are drawn to the left side like a gen 2.5 instead of going straight up and out. I have an auber ws-1510 ELPM pid controller. Igrill 2 thermometer with ambient probe and 3 meat probes. When i did my wiring mod i was able to wire the mes controller back in on a separate cord i can still use the light and also see temperature even though it's off a few degrees but pretty close as you can see in the pics. All 3 probes are at a different spot in the smoker and it seems to be averaging around 224 degrees and holds like a champ. No big temp swings like mes controller. 25-30 degrees. Well thats all for now will hopefully be doing some more post of smokes. And food now that i think i have this tech stuff figured out.
20190609_171753~2.jpg
20190609_171714~2.jpg
20190609_173000.jpg
20190609_173115.jpg
20190609_162937~2.jpg
20190609_162952~2.jpg
20190609_171812~2.jpg
20190609_161323.jpg
20190609_182801.jpg
20190609_173330.jpg

Very nice work there . That should be a smokers dream with the controller . Clean and well done .

Reactions: JC in GB
Nice setup! One mod to consider is installing a thimble or air gap in the wall where the vent pipe exits. Plastic resins have a melt point in the mid 200's. An inch around the pipe from the plastic with sheet metal on both side to seal would be sufficient. I too like your smoker box.

Barry.

Looks good, I considered a similar box but I was concerned there wouldn’t be sufficient airflow to the pellets with the doors closed. Have you run it successfully with the doors closed?

Looks good, I considered a similar box but I was concerned there wouldn’t be sufficient airflow to the pellets with the doors closed. Have you run it successfully with the doors closed?
yes i have ran it with doors closed. Seems to be enough air flow as it is pretty spacious onthe inside , and by no means air tight. I found that 3/4"x3/4" angle is sufficient space for my application but i did have to experiment a bit.

Very nice setup. The weather be damned.
Yep thats why i did it. Didn't have much cover from weather before, if it rained and was a bit windy i had to partially cover it now if it rains, just close the doors.

Nice setup! One mod to consider is installing a thimble or air gap in the wall where the vent pipe exits. Plastic resins have a melt point in the mid 200's. An inch around the pipe from the plastic with sheet metal on both side to seal would be sufficient. I too like your smoker box.

Barry.
So far i haven't had a problem with the pipe getting to hot i did have a concern with that and i put my multimeter with a thermocouple on it and it was somewhere between 190 and 200 degrees. But i will keep an eye on the plastic and if need be will try your advice. Thank you

Hi there and welcome!

Nice! I found a similar type of shed on Amazon Warehouse (open box and some minor scratches) for a steal... even though it was still expensive hahaha, and I did something very similar. I guess that makes us shed buddies :P
full

Hi there and welcome!

Nice! I found a similar type of shed on Amazon Warehouse (open box and some minor scratches) for a steal... even though it was still expensive hahaha, and I did something very similar. I guess that makes us shed buddies :P Yeah i guess you could say that, lol. I was gonna go the with the shorter one but i have a stand on mine. Kinda need it to be on a stand, my old abused body has a hard time bending down anymore. Damn dare devil in me when i was younger. Lol
full

Nice setup there, what are the down of that shed?
If you are asking what are the down sides of the shed. I haven't really had any yet. Was easy to put together,instructions showed to have two people for some steps but i was able to do it on my own with a little ingenuity.

If you are asking what are the down sides of the shed. I haven't really had any yet. Was easy to put together,instructions showed to have two people for some steps but i was able to do it on my own with a little ingenuity.

Holy smokes, that question didn't come out properly. Love spell check "not".
It meant to read, what size is your shed ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky