My Louisiana Champion smoked rum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brian Willems

Original poster
Jun 16, 2018
I'm a newbie here but thought I would share my method for making smoked rum in my Louisiana Champion.

I have a pineapple coring tool that efficiently cleans the meat out of the pineapple and turns it into rings, and it has another tool with it that chunks the rings easily.

I cut the top off of a large ripe pineapple, core it with my tool and save the meat to eat later, and then fill the carcass with rum. I place it in my top cold smoke box for a few hours while cooking other foods in the hotter areas of the smoker.

I then drain the rum into a mason jar and refrigerate.

The rum always turns out stellar and is a big hit at parties.

Just thought I would share (and contribute) my favorite smoked alcohol recipe on my first post.

I'm a newbie here but thought I would share my method for making smoked rum in my Louisiana Champion.

I have a pineapple coring tool that efficiently cleans the meat out of the pineapple and turns it into rings, and it has another tool with it that chunks the rings easily.

I cut the top off of a large ripe pineapple, core it with my tool and save the meat to eat later, and then fill the carcass with rum. I place it in my top cold smoke box for a few hours while cooking other foods in the hotter areas of the smoker.

I then drain the rum into a mason jar and refrigerate.

The rum always turns out stellar and is a big hit at parties.

Just thought I would share (and contribute) my favorite smoked alcohol recipe on my first post.
Hummm, I think mixed with some cream of coconut for a twist on pina coladas

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky