My Little Lang

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cooking a little brisket this morning and took a couple of pics. The first is one of my little helpers, and the second is my brand new freebie tent my FIL donated to the cause. His company sent it to him, but it had a broken corner bracket. For $11, it is fixed, and I have this beauty taking its maden voyage! :)
69e88bff_vbattach10797.jpg

0e72e7ba_vbattach10796.jpg

Noah, that is another great score. Bet it is nice, to sit in the shade and sip on a cold one, while the brisket is getting filled with sweet blue.

Sweet looking little helper you got there Noah, and nice score on the pop up shelter too. I know I'd be lost with out mine. BTW, did the FIL throw in a pair of golf shoes too?? :D :P

Yeah, he helps with the shoes, as if we wear anything else, he accuses us of hurting his bottom line. Nikes don't put food on the table! ;)

Hey Noah!
Looks like to me that you definitely have your chit together. Great smoker, outstanding toys and the finest help that can be had at any price. What a sweet heart! And by the way, I really like CS's approach to things. I think he probably has it together as well. (Keeps her focused on the small ........) right on, right on, right on. Got to keep that focus. Keeps them out of the other stuff.

I'm thinking of an overnighter. I spotted some fine briskets today and I'm seriously considering a weekend with the smoker ... that's just so peaceful.... a few cold ones, the smell of hickory smoke, cool air, good music, mmmmm. By the way, not trying to change the thread but what are your thoughts of a packer brisket vs the flat. I'm thinking of the flat in terms of less fat, even cooking time easier to handle .... what say ye??

Yeah, to this day I'm not a big fan. I didn't see real snow until I was 8 years old, and my parents' friends flipped when I ran out in my bare feet! Them damn yankees can get really excited about the littlest things!;)

Florida Bill,
You snuck this post in while I was responding to CS's notes about shoes. Man you're quick!:) As for doing things small, that is where my heart really is, but everytime I cook things just get bigger and bigger. My little side hobby now is pretty much an obsession. :shock: As for the briskets, I really prefer the flats as they slice really nice and they have a lot less fat. You sacrifice some flavor, but you get healthier cuts of meat. (If Q could ever be called healthy!) However, we are doing a packer for our competition adventure this weekend so that we can have a wider range of cuts for presentation. If we are lucky, CS has threatened to show up to give up some of his expertise!;)

Noah,

Unfortunately, my 18 year old college junior son has decided to move this weekend. He was supposed to be my traveling partner and now I'm his moving partner. :cry:

Sorry I can't be there, but I will be pulling for the Nauti-Q all the way 8)

PS - I know you got it under control anyway :D

Noah, which smoker are you taking to the competitin? The "Little" lang, or the BSKD?

Good luck and remember to have fun, fun fist, bt walk across that stage.

Just though I would renew this thread, as it has some pics of last year's turkey day pics. This year I'm screwed because we are going to the in-laws...

Can you explain that a little further? (heat distribution by raising and lowering the hitch end) I am real happy with my 60's even heat and have always cooked with it on the level, but I think you are saying you can make one end hotter or cooler by cranking the unit out of level???

Another question for ya:-)-----I have never used the baffle for a water pan because I haven't felt I needed too given the juicyness of my cooks, but if you have.........what is the types(examples) of cooks that you do with water in the baffle?? Still get Bark?

Thanks in advance:-)

Steve

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky