My lil smokebox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeybo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 10, 2018
My smoke box is 2x2 and 4ft tall,
It was built from recycled lumber found on my property and am old sunken/buried mobile home for the aluminum siding,
It doesn't look as nice as these clear vertical grain cedar smokehouses y'all build but the bones are pretty much the same as I see here,
Simply two 4x4 cut in half with my chainsaw for the posts
Then I ripped 2x4x8 into either 24" or 30" pieces
That's it,
And I had leftover decking screws from my shed build last summer,

The entire thing sits on top of a dakota fire pit I built a couple years ago
It is two CMU deep so that's 16"
I throw the smoke tube in there and it funnels straight up and past all my meat.

The smoke box itself is extremely drafty so no smoke is ever stagnant.

I'm thinking about attempting a brisket in it this summer but might need to add some foam insulator boards to the sides to keep heat in,

I'll experiment with it,

But as far as cold smoking it does the job 1,000%

Screenshot-20210213-093117.png

Oh I used no plans,
I thought something up in my head and kinda scratched out some figures on a cereal box then started cutting,
Reminiscent of when me and my cousin were kids at our grandma's place and we'd rummage through her garage and shed for tools/wood to build all kinds of stuff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky