My latest summer sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stank56

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
I'll start with the ingredients of another recipe found here and tweaked a bit:

3 # 85-15 ground round

2/3 C water

1/2+ t #1 cure

2 t kosher salt

1 T whole mustard seed

1/2 t black pepper

1 t white pepper

1 t red pepper flakes

1 T dark brown sugar

1 T soy sauce

1/2 smoked paprika

1/2 t onion powder

1 t garlic powder

1/2 chipotle powder

1 1/2 C coarse shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix everything except cheese and let sit for 15 min's to let dry ingredients dissolve. Pour mix over meat, mix well, and refrigerate for 4 hrs. I then mixed in the cheese and stuffed the casings. Back into the frig overnight to rest. 1 hour before I took them out to sit at room temp before smoking. Smoked with hickory chips at 150 degrees for two hours then raised temp gradually every hour until 190 degrees. Pulled sausages at 152 IT then into cold water bath for 1/2 hour, dried, the on to the wire rack on the front porch for a day. It's cold in MI so temps weren't a problem. Pic's to follow.

GALLERY]
Here are some pic's I hope.

Last edited:
Having trouble uploading pics from my phone.

The one pic looks good so far hope to see more  - SOmetimes it will take a while to post if this is one of the first times you post pics

Thanks I'll give it another try to upload. Must be the weather here in Mi can't get anymore right now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky