My first smoking attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gjw

Original poster
May 29, 2007
Well folks, I smoked my first food today, a batch of meatloaf. I used the recipe supplied somewhere on this site, and it didn't turn out too bad. I have a Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse, and I smoked the meatloaf with some hickory for 3.5 hours at 250. The meat had a good flavor, and it was done, but I think next time that I would cook it for another hour or so, as the meatloaf was quite soft and crumbly. However, everyone in the family had a second portion.
All in all, a fun experience. At least my garage now smells pretty good.
Greg

Welcome to the SMF GJW. Glad to hear your first smoke came out pretty good. The only bad thing is, now you're hooked. Gotta try ribd, butts, and brisket. Lots of good folks around here with good sound advice. Post over on the roll call thread for new members and introduce yourself.

Glad things turned out good. I don't have the same smoker as you, but alot of people here do, so you will find out how to smoke everything with your smoker here. Remember that everyone screws up something here and there. For what I have seen here, it is a live and learn kinda place.

Nothing beats the smell from the smoker after you are done cooking

Welcome, and congrats on your first smoke! There's nothing more gratifying than watching people go for seconds!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky