My first smoke using AMNPS with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeremy5431

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
I stopped by the AMNPS warehouse today to get some pellets. The folks there are very friendly and helpful!

So this is my first try, so I'm going to cold smoke black peppercorns and kosher salt.

I see that some people here have used splatter screens to hold the peppercorns and salt. Unfortunately I forgot to pick one up today, so I was thinking about making a foil tray with an opening in the middle to allow the smoke to get to the peppercorns and salt.

Wood: hickory
Time: 5+

Would it be better to hold off and get a screen?

Last edited:
I lay out my salt and pepper on a rack lined with foil. Allows me to stir it around several times while it's in the smoker and gets the smoke distributed mo'better

Did you soak your peppercorns? I was going to soak them for 10 min or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did they come out? Why and in what were you going to soak you peppercorns. I did both for 24hrs and never got enough smoke on them, I hope yours comes out. Really Curious on your peppercorns.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

The bathroom remodeling job got in the way. It will be at least a wwk before I get another chance. My plan was to soak them for 30 minutes or so then smoke them for at least 5 hours. I'll probably go for 8. I'll update the thread when I do it.

Ok I decided to do my peppercorns today. I soaked them for 10 minutes and put them on the trays. I'll start with 4 hours and test them.my guess is I'll go for 8 hours

Ok I'm not getting thin blue smoke but more of thin white smoke. I checked the AMNTS and there're is no flam and it looks like it's smoldering. I've closed all the vent to slow it down. Any advice for getting the white smoke to turn blue?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky