My First Pulled Pork!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bhawkins

Smoke Blower
Original poster

Well Here it is after pulled. I used Pecan wood, no rub, and SOFLAQUER(hope I got that right) finishing sauce. Of course I used my BBQ sauce and it was wonderful!! It started out as a little over 6 pounds and ended up gone tonite
th_crybaby2.gif
 and I just cooked it Saturday!! Wife done said do two next time
yahoo.gif
. I do have one question, when using a finishing sauce is there any kind of rule of thumb on how much to use or just go by your taste? I used 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and ended up putting it all on, and like I said it was little over 6 pounds to start. It did have just a hint of tang, and was juicy as all get out even without the BBQ sauce.

The first one is always special! Nice work!

biggrin.gif
  I hope we don't drive up the price of pork with all the butt smokin' here lately   
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Our freezer is always full of pulled pork,
Out daughter had a last minute going away party
For her boyfriend who just got a job in Alaska.
She called us and ask if we had any for the party.
Of course we did. Grab some headed over there and
Heated it up. Best part. I got to smoke more last weekend
To fill the freezer back up.
I alway put a pan under the butt to catch all the juice from it.
Then defat the juice and pour back over the pulled pork.

Thanks Guys........and Lady. I appreciate the support and ideas that I get here. I have not really smoked a lot of butts in the past, however I hope to correct that problem in the future. I really didn't know about the 'secrets' of pulled pork. I always wondered how you got it to pull so good, then found out to take it to 200+ IT. Works great. The meat was very tender. I will mention that I have saw a few threads on how long you can safely keep meat in the cooler.A couple of tricks for maintaining the heat longer are first to heat the cooler by running hot water in it, or even pouring in some boiling water.(then dry it out just before placing the meat in). Also if you have any of those hot/cold packs that comes with some Pyrex dishes, then heat those up and place in the cooler with the meat.Works great!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky