MY FIRST EVER TRI-TIP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah that's another cool story for SMF. The tri tip looks yummy!

Ok, I too had my eyes start darting to the photo as I read the words "pea salad" :emoji_laughing: Weird! I don't even like peas but I love pea salad. Go figure.
Thanks!! I love pea salad... It makes a great summertime side dish!!

Looks great!

I've never seen them in stores around here before. They suddenly show up and on sale. I might need to snag one on the way home tomorrow.
Thanks!!.... I think id snag more than one if its a good sale!! Lol!!

Beautiful! TT is one of our favorite cuts. Yours looks very tasty!

Way to go Travis, that Tri-tip looks fantastic. I've only been able to find them once up here, total bummer.

Point for sure
Chris

Travis, you knocked that out of the park my friend! We love TT and yours is perfectly cooked! Hard to beat a TT cooked like that! That plated shot is carousel worthy IMO! Nice job man! We have some very generous forum members here!!

Reactions: Sowsage
Looks wonderful. Those are hard to find down here unmolested. I hate admit it, but to be extra careful on heat, I do mine in the electric with hickory to IT 100. Short rest my black skillet gets hot, then sear briefly to 132.5 IT. Rest, the figure out the grain, whixch changes. Slice ans slurp

Reactions: Sowsage
When you find a few more, try doing one over white-hot wood coals, turning it every minute until it's done.
The texture and taste will blow you away!!!
I never cook T.T. any other way, and I've tried many diff ways.

Another roast that you should keep your eye's peeled for is the Ball Tip roast, they are just as good as any T.T. I actually prefer them in flavor and texture, and they slice in one direction, so they are easier for many people.

Everything on that plate looks magnificent. What a great meal indeed. The price might be high but we always have them in So Cal. Congratulations on having the opportunity to bask in the glory of Tri Tip. Two thumbs up.
G

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky