MY FIRST EVER TRI-TIP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you find a few more, try doing one over white-hot wood coals, turning it every minute until it's done.
The texture and taste will blow you away!!!
I never cook T.T. any other way, and I've tried many diff ways.

Another roast that you should keep your eye's peeled for is the Ball Tip roast, they are just as good as any T.T. I actually prefer them in flavor and texture, and they slice in one direction, so they are easier for many people.
Thanks Dan for the ideas! I'll give it shot when I get some... Ive seen the ball tips...ive never done one of those either.. I'll have to grab one and give it a try!

Reactions: forktender
Looks wonderful. Those are hard to find down here unmolested. I hate admit it, but to be extra careful on heat, I do mine in the electric with hickory to IT 100. Short rest my black skillet gets hot, then sear briefly to 132.5 IT. Rest, the figure out the grain, whixch changes. Slice ans slurp
Thanks!... Hey nothing wrong with that! As long as it comes out tasty!!

Everything on that plate looks magnificent. What a great meal indeed. The price might be high but we always have them in So Cal. Congratulations on having the opportunity to bask in the glory of Tri Tip. Two thumbs up.
G
Thanks!! Yes I'm greatfull for finally getting to cook one! And I for sure was not disappointed at all!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky