My first competition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dtcunni

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
Hello all....I am entering my first competition today! I'm not the head cook but wish us luck! I'm in charge of the pulled pork and I'm using jeffs recipe modified slightly.

good luck
icon14.gif

Well guys, we came in 6th overall and we took 4th place in chicken $50.) It was a small event in Safford, Arizona with only13 teams competing. However, we DID beat out a couple of well known restaurants around. The guys that were on my team didn't have the same style of smoking that I normally do but as a late comer I was just helping them. But next time, I'm running the team and already have my dad and my best friend in my corner and I think we will do very well! I'm not being conceited, I just know good Q!
As for the Q-view...I forgot my camera! I do have pics of our turn in boxes and I'll try and post tomorrow or Tuesday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky