My first brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've smoked a lot of different things. But the closest I've ever come to with a brisket was smoking corned beef for pastrami.
Well, thanks to Robert @tx smoker . That changed.

View attachment 477212

Robert sent me this competition cut brisket. And recommended this rub. Which I bought and used.
There was no trimming needed to get this ready. I did however had to cut it in half because it would not fit in my smoker.
I removed the flat and gave it a generous rub of the spice. And let it sit 2 days in the fridge.
Yesterday was smoke day! It was a miserable cold and windy day with spotty snow flurries. So, I gave it 4 hours of smoke.
Then finished in the house.

View attachment 477213

I love the bark on this! This was after it rested about a hour.

View attachment 477214

My brisket knife just slid through this beauty.

View attachment 477215

Plated shot. This may look dry. But it is not. Nice and moist. And no knife needed to cut it. I just used my fork.
I am quite pleased with the results. And highly recommend Piedmontese beef.
A huge thanks to my friend Robert for gifting this to me. His generosity knows no end. Now I need to figure out what to use the point for!
Make chopped beef from the point.

HT

The meal looks great. We are big fans of Roasted Potatoes and Root Veggies. But Why are you freezing the potatoes?...JJ

The meal looks great. We are big fans of Roasted Potatoes and Root Veggies. But Why are you freezing the potatoes?...JJ

Thanks, it is a trick my dad showed me. So if you freeze them. Then fry them later. You get a nice browned tater with a crispy skin.. Without worrying about drying out the flesh. Least, that's what he said. And it seems to work fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky