My First attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peter

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
By Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My first smokin experience was a success. I did a beef cross rib roast and a medidium size chicken.

I put together a powerpoint show and posted it to my webserver. Feel free to check it out. It is about 1 meg in size so it takes a few minuites on dial-up, but should be fast on high speed.

http://www.pcomt.com/smokin/

If you need the Powerpoint viewer, get it from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Thanks for all the support and advice. I will try to be an active member and continue to post....

TTYL

That was a mighty nice presentation Peter :!:

What kind of fish was that. Sorry the Cajun in me has to know :oops: .

Thanks for the kind comments.

We just ate super and I can definately agree that it gains even more flavour as it sits in the fridge.

The fish in the last picture is a Northern Pike. It weighed in at about 12 1/2 pounds and measured at 92 cm or better yet 36 inches. We commonly call this fish a Jackfish or many other slang names, such as slough shark, swamp corc, hammer head, etc.

It is a very common fresh water fish here and very agressive, most consider it a junk fish. A lot of folks around here would not even eat such a delicious fish (which leaves more for me and those who do). (I still remember the first time I came acroos a red lobster resturant. It was in College Station, Tx. The special on the menu was fresh Northern Pike. You can't even get it here in a resturant!) It is not uncommon for them to reach 20 pounds or more, but they are hard to catch. I guess if they are smart enough to get that big....

The next cousin to this fish is a muskulunge. It looks almost the same, in fact looking at them, unless you knew the subtle differences, you probably wouldn't tell. However, If you caught a 12 1/2 pound musky, you would know it by the fight they put up. As they say down in your neck of the woods... Aiiii-eeeee!!!!

The family thinks I should try a full turkey next weekend. I may do so if I get a bigger smoker built in time.

Any advice on a turkey? Should I do it in pieces or do it whole?

Would the time be about the same- 1 1/2 hours per pound?

Thanks again

TTYL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky