My Char Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cool85k5

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Georgia
Here it what I bought a few weeks ago.I have grilled on it a few times but have not tried smoking any meat yet.

394617842_7c37962ce0.jpg

394617837_0fe0f7f349.jpg

If you really want to see a CG in action, go to my blog sites. I even use them in competitions, and have place higher than some of the high dollar custom built jobs..... what does that tell ya......

Debi, try it, you'll love it....

Bill

Working on finding the parts Tom! Having a hard time finding a new barrel locally without buying a pallet of 4. I may have to break down and pay the shipping. LOL

I kind of stole my design from the chargrillers except I was thinking of making a storage area under the grill for my supplies. I keep tripping over the charcoal bags in the kitchen! LOL

From what I've seen in cooking in general .. it really doesn't matter what pot you use as long as you:
1) watch what you cook
2) care about what you cook
3) have good cutlery to prepare it with

Prime example:

My sister has a $2500 stove, and fancy copper bottom pans hanging all over her kitchen ... Yet she eats Ragu spagetti sauce and frozen pizza - go figure?

PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

I love my CG smoker/grill!I just got thru with some burgers and hotdogs for a quick supper.I like the construction,heavy gauge barrel material,cast iron grilling grates,you can raise or lower the coals.So far so good,I have seen on the net where people have broke the wheels that come with it and have upgraded them,and one person who said the cast iron grates would not fit in their oven(for cleaning),these grates are in four sections and would probably fit in a toaster oven!
icon_biggrin.gif
And yes,I need to smoke some ribs or something to brake it in right!

Sad to say,but grilling is all I've done.I going to read the e-course first,I should be getting the 3rd part today.Then I think I will tackle some ribs or something.I found some hickory lump charcaol at Lowes that I think I will try.

Jerry -

Just go for it! We'll help you. What do you want to eat first? Beef or Pork? You might have to search for a good piece of meat - times a wastin'! It's Tuesday already!

nudge>>>> nudge>>>>nudge>>>>>

Hope your not ticklish
icon_lol.gif

I really want to do some pork ribs first.Do spare ribs or baby back ribs smoke better?I know it's a stupid question I just wanted to ask.And the 3-2-1 method sounds good so I'll try that.I just want to say ,this is a great forum and everyone has been nice and eager to help.I'm glad I joined!
icon_smile.gif

Uh....whats a fattie?
icon_redface.gif
And yes,I will take some pictures,maybe a documentary of the whole thing,lol.

fatties are chubs of breakfast sausage, left whole, smoked. the majority like jimmy dean. i prefer the jimmy dean sage. doesn't need a rub or mop, but feel free to do it if you so desire. the hot flavor it good too. the heat smokes out of it. i like to throw on a 5 pack of polish sausage links too. my wife prefers them over fatties. she eats the polish and i eat the fatties. on the fatties, smoke for 1.5 hours, flip, and smoke another 1.5 hours. do the polish the same way.

Now I am not new to smoking or grilling but like the guy above I have never heard of a fatty till I joined this site. Maybe the term is regional cause I know we don't use it here in Minnesota.

So you just take a roll of bulk sausage (Bob Evans) and place the whole roll in the smoker or are you forming it into patties and then smoking? Sausage is about the greatest thing on this green earth to me so I am always up for trying something new.

Smoking the polish sausages are good - I used to love resmoking a link of smoked sausage you buy at the store - wow what flavor. That was until I started making my own smoked sausage.

Thanks Tonto for the link I read through it all.

Just a few more questions (and maybe I should just start a Fattie thread cause I am sure there are more like me).

1. Do you then fry the slices or can you eat them just as they are?

2. What internal temp do you smoke the fatties too?

3. Do you have a problem with them falling apart when smoked or do they hold together good?

This intrigues me and I know I will be doing one this weekend just to try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky