MY AMNPS ON TOP OF WATERPAN in a MES30??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tennsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Clarksville, Tn
Because the AMNPS is too tall to go under the heating element.

Is there any problem with setting the AMNPS ON TOP OF THE WATER PAN to smoke my SS? or will it get too hot there and burn too quick?

Any help is appreciated,

Al

Al, morning.....  The steam will displace the oxygen and it won't burn....  Water pans, in some smokers, will choke the fire no mater where you put the AMNPS.....   Dave

Maybe this will help you - This is Todd's photo of how to use it in an MES 30 

If this is not what you need, send Todd a PM - he is very quick to respond 

Al, morning.....  The steam will displace the oxygen and it won't burn....  Water pans, in some smokers, will choke the fire no mater where you put the AMNPS.....   Dave
May sound dumb but here goes
confused.gif
. Should I not use my waterpan while using the AMNPS in my MES 30 because the humidity will keep it from burning properly? Just curious
beercheer.gif

May sound dumb but here goes
confused.gif
. Should I not use my waterpan while using the AMNPS in my MES 30 because the humidity will keep it from burning properly? Just curious
beercheer.gif
Beezer, afternoon....    air is made up of (approx) Nitrogen 80%--- Oxygen 20%.....  

Water vapor is 1600 Times the volume of water @ STP..

The minimum amount of Oxygen for wood to burn is approx 17%......  

It does not take much water vapor to lower the % oxygen to below combustible levels... Dave

Ok, thanks Dave. I saw in another thread where you use gravel or sand covered with foil instead. That's a good idea. Thanks for the explanation. I probably won't have to relight the AMNPS ,as it goes out occasionally most likely because of the moisture.

Maybe this will help you - This is Todd's photo of how to use it in an MES 30 

If this is not what you need, send Todd a PM - he is very quick to respond 
That works great. I did three racks of ribs yesterday on my MES30 and the AMNPS works great. Check out the little coat hanger frame I made and cover to keep the

drippings from going into the pellet smoker.

Notice the frame is about an inch or so short of the egde so it fits under the MES30 heat

element box. Works like a charm....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky