My 2nd Briskey with Q view!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I had a cookoff team, I marinated the meat as soon as the judges tagged the brisket. Typically it marinated about 12 hours. Then put on the pit still rapped in foil for an hour. Then on the pit at 225 for about 10 hours basting and tutning every hour. The meat had a huge smoke ring and literally melted in your mouth.

This looks incredible. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done on your second brisket. I plan to try my second one in a few weeks and I hope it turns out as well as yours did. But honestly, no way am I staying up for 24 hours to babysit a hunk of beef. You guys are more dedicated than I care to be!

It was about 9.5 lbs
 Wonderful looking Brisket.

I was under the impression that you are suppose to allow 1.5 hours per pound of brisket to smoke one.

With your 9.5 lb brisket should have been about 14 plus hours.

Or was that the reason for putting it in the cooler for 6 more hours ???

Still its a fantastic piece of meat !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful looking Brisket.

I was under the impression that you are suppose to allow 1.5 hours per pound of brisket to smoke one.

With your 9.5 lb brisket should have been about 14 plus hours.

Or was that the reason for putting it in the cooler for 6 more hours ???

Still its a fantastic piece of meat !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Well the 1.5 hours for every pound of meat is more like a guide, not all meat is created equal ;). But no seriously, some meat will just cook faster than others, plus I cooked it around 250-275, and not 225, which is recommended, but I am hearing the the higher temps for brisket is a newer craze, and it tastes just as good as the low and slow. But I only put it in the cooler for 6 hours because I went back to sleep for 6 hours and when I woke up, it was lunch time :D! But I have been taught, never cook by number of hours, but rather IT, so when it was time to come off, I did, and the 6 hour rest only help to tenderize the meat even more!! Good luck to you if you try one!

How can you look at something that pretty and not taste it?
Looks-Great.gif

Well the 1.5 hours for every pound of meat is more like a guide, not all meat is created equal ;). But no seriously, some meat will just cook faster than others, plus I cooked it around 250-275, and not 225, which is recommended, but I am hearing the the higher temps for brisket is a newer craze, and it tastes just as good as the low and slow. But I only put it in the cooler for 6 hours because I went back to sleep for 6 hours and when I woke up, it was lunch time :D! But I have been taught, never cook by number of hours, but rather IT, so when it was time to come off, I did, and the 6 hour rest only help to tenderize the meat even more!! Good luck to you if you try one!
when you rest it like that, do you have to reheat it in the oven to bring it up to temp, or does it not matter if it's hot?  Or does it just stay hot for that long?

when you rest it like that, do you have to reheat it in the oven to bring it up to temp, or does it not matter if it's hot?  Or does it just stay hot for that long?
When I pulled it out of the foil after 6 hours, it was so hot, that it burned my hand....

wow that's crazy!

I'm amazed it got such a dark bark without any sort of sugar rub.
I think the reason is because about every 30 min to an hour I sprayed it down with a little mixture I made, and it really gave it a great flavor, but I think that it made the outside crust and give it a great bark. I am doing another brisket tomorrow and I ll let yall know how it turns out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky